1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks outside!!! WARNING: A LOT OF PICS!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Southern28Chick, May 27, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    The 40'x50' yard was covered with game bird netting yesterday. After a lot of cussing and screaming at each other DH and I finally got the hateful net up! At about 6:30 yesterday the chicks moved outside. After a quiet first night out everything is great.

Here's pictures of the yard and netting:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full House:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

King of the Castle, Sgt. Major Bok Bok:
    [​IMG]

Blind chick, Tiny, is adjusting just fine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bok Bok and Prissy:
    [​IMG]

Discovering grass and bugs:
    [​IMG]

Do I smell chicken?:
    [​IMG]
    Don't worry, I have 6 cats but DH calls the coop Fort Bok Bok. Nothing can get in or out!!!

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

2. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Wow, thats awesome a lovely big place for the chicks to run around for sure!
    Good Job!

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Awsome Job Guys!!!! Looks fabulous!!!

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    WOW! That looks fantastic! Lucky chickens!

I bet it was a real pistol to put up! You should spoil yourselves for getting such a tough job done. It must be really fun to watch the chickies enjoying the coop and exploring everything. Do you have chairs set up there? I'd be having my coffee there in the morning and a cool one in the afternoon. [​IMG]

5. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    awesome southern....what types do you have there?

I put mine out last night...first night was a bit scary but they seem fine.

They just chilled out in the coop on the roosts overnight. Today it took til midday for them to want to venture out into the run!

6. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    I bet it was a real pistol to put up! You should spoil yourselves for getting such a tough job done. It must be really fun to watch the chickies enjoying the coop and exploring everything. Do you have chairs set up there? I'd be having my coffee there in the morning and a cool one in the afternoon.

I thought about putting in a couple of chairs but me a DH end up sitting on the ground with babies jumping all over us.[​IMG] They're so great. I thought they would be scared to be out in the big ol world but I don't think they could be any happier.​

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I have:
    1 RIR Roo
    6 RIR Girls
    5 Ameraucana Girls
    6 White Leghorn Girls
    6 Barred Rocks

8. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Oh my!! Sgt. Major Bok Bok and his harem! LOL That is an AWESOME set up you guys built! I am sooo impressed!! And I'm also glad to see/read that Tiny is doing so well. Bless her little heart! I put up netting over a small outside area and it was a b-t-h!!! I can't imagine doing an area THAT big!!! I'd say it surpasses the challenge of hanging wallpaper! Oh well. It's done and all you have to do now is sit back and enjoy those babies and their new digs! Congrats!!!

Ellen

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Very nice...and pretty birdies.
    Do you have some wire along the bottom?...raccoons love to reach through chainlink.

10. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Ooooh your's are at that stage like mine. They look like a bunch of little aliens! Not all feathers not all fluff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by