Chicks pecking each other

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pcosmom, Mar 13, 2013.

1. pcosmom

pcosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    I Went to TSC and walked back to see the chicks as normal and to my dismay the tetra tints that yesterday where fly out of the tubs where eating / pecking each other as where a couple red sex links.
    I bought the worst $10 for $1 each and my husband is washing down the sore spots as we speak.
    How long do I need to keep them seperate from my other TSC chicks that r the same age..as these chicks r almost 3wks old and flying. My other babies r in a hen house with a yard and 2 heat lights so I dont have to worry about crowding and escaping..

Can I use neosprene or maybe diaper cream on the sores which r primarily on wings and butts..

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I would use neosporin and BlueKoat and keep them under a red light and not a white light with lots of room to roam.

3. pcosmom

pcosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Thanks i didnt mean to post twice..they r under a redlight all i have..lots of room and I used neosporin I dont have blue kote here but do in my horse barn I can bring home tomorrow..

How long do I need to wait before putting them in with my other TSC chicks that r about the same age..

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Check for mites and lice and if they are free and healing, I'd integrate them in a week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by