chicks playing

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by paisleycj, Jul 13, 2008.

1. paisleycj

paisleycj Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2008
    Minnesota
    We've got a bunch of lettuce that has gone bitter. Somewhere on here, somebody mentioned that chickens like to play with bundles of greens hung above them. My chicks sure proved that to be true. They're having a blast. We threw some potato bugs in the brooder too, and they're chasing them around picking at them. Fun! The chicks are 3wk old Partridge Rocks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. n2thestorm5032

n2thestorm5032 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is cute, Also what you can do is take some of there food, and move the shavings away to make a small whole in the shaving, and put the food, on that whole, then show them where it is at, then when they figure out where it is at to eat it, cover it up, don't mix it in just cover it up and poke you finger in the middle of where you covered it up to reveal a small portion of the food. They love to play Bury Treasure, And it helps them learn to scratch around, plus its fun to watch them. after a while of them uncovering and pecking at it, put a small pile somewhere else, then as time goes by put three or four hidden piles around the coop and then move it to the run, and cover it with dirt! Mine Love PLAYING Buried Treasure!!! ARRGG

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by