1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks postponed. Options?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lambeke1, May 19, 2011.

1. lambeke1

lambeke1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2011
    I ordered 26 chicks 2 months ago and they were supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I called yesterday to check on order and was told they won't be shipped til June 22. It really ticks me off. I've been so ready. Now the week they will be delivered, I'll be out of town. I ordered so I could get exactly what I (thought) I wanted and I want to be sure to get pure breed chicks. I ordered 6 each: Buff Orpington, Delaware, Dominiques, and Rhode Island Reds, plus one extra of one of them and a rooster. What can I do? I looked up a bunch of hatcheries last night to see if they could deliver sooner but couldn't find any. Does anyone have any suggestions. If there are any hatcheries reading this and you can fill my order, I'd consider alternates I guess. It just starts getting confusing and I read up a lot on the breeds I selected.

2. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Where do you live? Have you looked at chicks for sale in the auction section here to see if any are near you? Checked out your local craigslist to see what's available in your area?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by