chicks - posture

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by carousel, Aug 27, 2008.

1. carousel

carousel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    NW Oregon
    Okay I have had boy chicks before some of them just stand out because they "walk" and have posture like a boy.

I have a 3 week old EE chick I'm crossing my fingers and toes is a pullet, was purchased as a sexed pullet and should end up solid white, I was so excited!

but I look at this chick with it's hatch-mate and all I can think about is MALE <G>

when I get back from the weekend I will take pictures, but I know it is still very young,

just curious how people have found "posture" to be the first give away on which sex.

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't have very many birds to compare, but one of my BRs stood like a rooster very early on. In fact, the first couple times I posted pics in this section, almost everyone said they believed it to be a rooster. Turned out it is a pullet, so the posture thing doesn't always mean roo.

3. carousel

carousel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    NW Oregon
    I'm SO HOPING
    the chick stands so tall and just reminds me of BOY <G> and looks at me in that rooster way LOL
    I will try not to stare at the chick every day <G> and just see how it goes.
    so far legs seem to be the same size as the other chick............ oh well! time will tell, crossing my fingers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by