Chicks, poults, keets near Greenville, Tx

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by MichaelWeston, Oct 21, 2014.

1. MichaelWeston

MichaelWeston Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2014
    Anybody know of a place?

2. MrsBrooke

MrsBrooke Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    Magnolia, Texas
    Closest would probably be Ideal Poultry in Cameron, TX... It's about three hours away from Greenville.

My grandmother lives in Campbell, TX, and I am very well-acquainted with Greenville. :) I also knew the Brancheauxs back in the day. I believe he was the "town doctor."

Good luck in your search!

MrsB

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    It's great to see someone else on BYC from Greenville, TX. I grew up there, and graduated from Greenville High School (a long time ago before it moved to its current location on Lion' Lair Rd.). :eek:) My father worked for Raytheon back when it was Tempco, and then LTV. It had become E-Systems when he retired from it. I was back in Greenville recently for my sister-in-law's funeral, and not a lot has changed although some of the old familiar eating places (the Royal Drive-in, El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant, Fitzpatrick's Barbeque, etc.) are gone. X2 on MrsBrooke. When I raised chickens in the Greenville area, I either got them from Ideal Poultry in Cameron, TX, or a couple of times I ordered chicks from Cackle Hatchery in Missouri, and once from Murray McMurray Hatchery in Iowa. If you pick up your chicks yourself from Ideal, just be sure and call them first and make sure that they have the breeds you want in stock (as MrsBrooke said, it's about a three hour drive from Greenville to Cameron). Good luck in getting your flock.

4. MichaelWeston

Oct 20, 2014
    Wow el sombrero was way back in the day. My dad used to work there. Just wanted to know though. I like to see my animals in person before I buy them. And the idea of mail order animals kind of bothers me

5. loftkeeper

loftkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2013
    go to canton first monday

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Good suggestion. It's been so long that I had forgotten all about canton. There's nothing wrong with my memory, it's just short. :eek:)

7. MichaelWeston

Oct 20, 2014
    Oh I'm definitely hitting up the dog grounds. I work with a lot of guys from canton and they've been real informative. Though nobody that lives in canton goes to first monday lol

8. azahn

azahn Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2012
    Northeast Texas
    Get on Craigslist. There is a place in Terrell that is very popular. Avoid Canton.

9. MichaelWeston

Oct 20, 2014
    I've checked Craigslist and couldn't find much. What's the place called? Why not canton?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by