1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks put themselves to bed for the 1st time tonight!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JennyBean, Oct 1, 2012.

1. JennyBean

JennyBean Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2012
    SE Texas
    I just wanted to share that my 10 week old girls put themselves to bed for the first time tonight. It was so cute!! [​IMG]
    We were cleaning the run up tonight and when I placed the water in the coop I saw the leader of the flock start heading for the pop door. Then the others followed.
    I have only had them 10 days and I was planning on catching some chicks tonight to put to bed.
    This was pretty cool to me.*L* I love hearing them chirp at night, sounds like they are talking about their day to each other.[​IMG]

Who knew chickens were so cute and fun!

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    awwww cool isnt it! my silkies dont bother chirping anymore : (

3. chynasparks

chynasparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    I am so excited that my peeps put themselves to bed tonight! They've been in the coop 4 days. They've lived in one ov those wire dog kennels until we finished building the coop. We may have made a design flaw. We created a small ledge on the upper level before the wall if the best box. They seem to have wanted to huddle up there rather than going through the pop hole to the roost area. They've been in the enclosure 4 days. I had to go in and put them "to bed". Today I found a cute decoration to put on that ledge area. It blocks it so all they can do is go in. Yeah! Success.! They put themselves to bed tonight! I am so glad this worked. I plan to spend lots of time with them but putting themselves to bed is great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by