Chicks put themselves to bed tonight!

sj3364

Songster
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
The chicks have been in their coop for over a week and I had to chase them down to get them in the coop at night. I took the advice of some BYCers and shut them in the coop for 5 days. They did not like it one bit. Today I let them out in the run for the first time since the lock down. I just when out to check on them and they were in the coop on their roosts like good little chickies!

I'm a happy chick mommy tonight.

Last edited:
that's awesome!!
woot.gif

I have to put mine up a little early every night so that I can let the dogs out to run without them having chicken tenders for dinner. My chickens don't much like it and grumble the whole way, but they pretty much march right in. By the time I come down to shut things down in the barn, they are sound asleep on their roosts.
cool.png

Isn't it great when they put themselves to bed. If I want mine to go in a little early all I have to say is "chick chick night night" and they march right on in.
big_smile.png

Isn't that nice when they do that? We never had to shut ours in, just put them back in their coop each evening and after about 5 days, they did it on their own.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom