chicks/quail due may 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by squeak1387, May 16, 2011.

1. squeak1387

squeak1387 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    bronson, fl
    my due date is coming up quick. has anyone incubated both chicken and quail eggs in the same incubator and had a sucessful hatch for both? I have a good mix, about 17 quail eggs and 24 chicken eggs. i am hoping for a good hatch on both.

2. kimandrich

kimandrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    I'd love to find out how they do! I wanted to put chicken and quail eggs together, but I didn't want to do it and it be a mistake.
    Luckily, one of my hens went broody and she's sitting on some eggs right now.
    I have 23 quails eggs in my incubator right now, today is day 18 and 2 of them have hatched so far.

It's so exciting.

Good luck!!
    [​IMG]

3. squeak1387

May 15, 2011
    bronson, fl
    Well starting last night i had a baby quail hatch. [​IMG]
    this morning it was all fluffy and ready for the brooder [​IMG]
    I have about 5 or 6 that have pipped and are breaking free, and so far about 5 of my chicken eggs have pipped. So i would have to say there is no problem i have found in incubating the quail and chicken eggs together. so excited for these to come. have some polish eggs to put in once all these are in the brooder. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    Awww I got some due on 2nd and 4th june [​IMG], I got 30 quails

5. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    What did you keep the humidity on during incubating? You might not want to open the incubator any more. Ive never hatched quail but I know chicks can get stuck due to lost humidity.

6. kimandrich

kimandrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Yes. Don't open it too much! I lost 2 Quail..they got stuck to the shell. I was so sad...it was my first hatch. Got 8 out of 23. Some weren't fertile though. Kept my humidity at least 60%

7. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    I'm going to set quail in with my silkie eggs. Hope it works.

8. squeak1387

May 15, 2011
    bronson, fl
    I don't have a humidity gage. Just always keep it full and take out the plugs on the day the book sugests. So far 4 have made it out no problem. Got about 5 more pipped. So we will see how it goes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by