chicks/quail due may 20

squeak1387

Chirping
8 Years
May 15, 2011
bronson, fl
my due date is coming up quick. has anyone incubated both chicken and quail eggs in the same incubator and had a sucessful hatch for both? I have a good mix, about 17 quail eggs and 24 chicken eggs. i am hoping for a good hatch on both.

I'd love to find out how they do! I wanted to put chicken and quail eggs together, but I didn't want to do it and it be a mistake.
Luckily, one of my hens went broody and she's sitting on some eggs right now.
I have 23 quails eggs in my incubator right now, today is day 18 and 2 of them have hatched so far.

It's so exciting.

Good luck!!
celebrate.gif

Well starting last night i had a baby quail hatch.
91919_img_20110517_225925.jpg

this morning it was all fluffy and ready for the brooder
91919_img_20110518_093112.jpg

I have about 5 or 6 that have pipped and are breaking free, and so far about 5 of my chicken eggs have pipped. So i would have to say there is no problem i have found in incubating the quail and chicken eggs together. so excited for these to come. have some polish eggs to put in once all these are in the brooder.
thumbsup.gif
D.gif

What did you keep the humidity on during incubating? You might not want to open the incubator any more. Ive never hatched quail but I know chicks can get stuck due to lost humidity.

Yes. Don't open it too much! I lost 2 Quail..they got stuck to the shell. I was so sad...it was my first hatch. Got 8 out of 23. Some weren't fertile though. Kept my humidity at least 60%

I don't have a humidity gage. Just always keep it full and take out the plugs on the day the book sugests. So far 4 have made it out no problem. Got about 5 more pipped. So we will see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom