Chicks received this week

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Karen12, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Karen12

Karen12 Out Of The Brooder

Has anyone gotten their chicks shipped this week? I'm really worried about mine, and want to hear the outcomes of others. I should be picking mine up tomorrow morning, but there was NO reason I shouldn't have been able to get them today except they sat in Missouri for 13 hours..sorry for my little rant. Hope all other shipments have gone well!

2. silvercat76

silvercat76 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2011
    Mountaidale
    I got mine today and they shipped from Lebanon MO yesterday and arrived a day early. I would have called them today? What was the ship date and the delivery date?

3. Karen12

Estimated delivery is technically tomorrow, so I shouldn't be overly worried, but now I'm thinking I should have just drive and picked them up.

4. Karen12

What time did your get to the Lebanon post office? Mine says they got there at 1:40pm

5. silvercat76

silvercat76 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2011
    Mountaidale
    I believe it was at 8am yesterday and I got the phone call today at 11am that they were local but not at my post office. At 8am I believe they were at the sort facility about 45 minutes from me.

6. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Mine shipped last Sat from MN and I received mine on Monday morning at 730am. They are from McMurray and they are all doing great so far. I had 48 in all and only one is a little slow in moving around and that is the exotic free chick that has a poof ball on the top of the head, no idea what it is! So far so good and it is getting cold at night:) Good luck with yours!

**UPDATE** went out to feed this morning and the little poof head was dead:( All others doing great. The water those Cornish X go through is amazing!!!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  7. Karen12

Soundalike it could be a polish! The post office has lost the box so I'm not counting on any surviving the trip :(

8. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    oh wow, I hope this is not so! I guess I am one of the lucky ones for sure! My PO called before they were open and had me come get them!

9. elmtree

elmtree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2013
    Derry,NH
    How sad!! I'm so sorry! I too was on pins and needles before the arrival if my babies. Is there anyone you can call? Can you go down there and inquire so maybe seeing you will light a fire under their butts to find your babies?

10. Karen12

They got stopped because all the airports in the area got shut down from the storm. We picked up 11 ALIVE bantams and had one try to escape in the car. I think the post office never wants to see us again ;) besides being a little cold, they hare happily eating everything they can get a hold of.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by