Chicks scared of umbrellas?!?!

heybarb

Songster
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
North Carolina
So, I learned last night as a big storm was rolling in that trying to herd the chicks towards the coop to keep them safe & dry might be a good idea as long as you are NOT holding an umbrella to keep you dry!! Holy Cow!! As soon as they saw the umbrella, they ran in 10 different directions!!! So instead of allowing them to ride out the storm in the bushes together by our back porch, they spent the bulk of the storm spread out all over the yard - running from me - who was soaked to the bone even though I was the one with the umbrella!! Lesson learned!!

D.gif
barnie.gif
D.gif

Hillarious! We had to do some coop modifications and when my husband was carrying down the plywood, we thought the girls were going to kill eachother trying to get away. Once we opened the gate and got them out they went to the trees and hid until we called them back for supper.

My girls are scared of anything new. If I carry treats outside in a different bowl, they all squawk & run to hide until the treats get into their regular bowl. Then they come running. A few weeks ago, I used a wheel barrow to carrying some new dirt into their yard. You would have thought I was there to massacre them all. But they sure enjoyed that pile of dirt once it was down on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom