CHICKS SHIPPED!! YAY

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by realsis, Apr 11, 2016.

1. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Hi friends, I just HAD to let you all know my chick's have shipped! Say a little prayer they all make it alive and healthy! ! I got a urgent call from the hatchery this morning telling me they couldn't fulfill my order. Turns out my Golden Cuckoo Maren didn't hatch as expected so I couldn't get her but I got a great substitute! Actually even better for me. I got a Silver Laced Wyannadotte female in her place so I'm very happy. Just wanted to share with you all. I checked tracking and it said it couldn't locate the number. Maybe it's too early? What do you think?

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so excited for you! [​IMG] I'm sure they'll get there safe and sound, but I'll be sure to pray for your sweet little babies.

~Alex

3. Chikn-Chik

Chikn-Chik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Tellico Plains, TN
    Yay! So excited for you! Mine should ship this Wednesday if everything is on schedule with the hatchery, I'm so nervous too! These will be the first chicks I've ever ordered and had shipped to me. As for the tracking, it sometimes takes up to 12 hours before it finally shows up

4. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California

This is my first hatchery shipment. I've had chicks shipped from breeders before but this is my first hatchery :) I got so scared this morning when they said urgent, we can not fulfill your order! Turned out only one chick of one breed couldn't ship because the hatch didn't go as planned. Turns out it actually worked out better for me because my husband just loves the laced wyannadotte and the females were already sold out when we ordered in January! I guess they hatched better than expected because I was able to get the Silver Laced wyannadotte female instead! I can't wait to see your chicks when they come!! Post lots of pictures ok♡♡ :)

5. Chikn-Chik

Mar 11, 2011
    Tellico Plains, TN
    I've never bought shipped chicks before only local pickup, so I'm very nervous! Oh my gosh I'd be in panic too if I recieved an email like that. But I'm glad it worked out for you! A scary situation turned into a positive one! I went yesterday to pick up some locally, wcb polish bantams ♡ and now I'm just waiting for the email that my silkies have shipped!

[​IMG]

Here are the polish babies!

6. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California

Your babies are ADORABLE! !! It looks like they have little hats on!! SUPER CUTE♡♡♡♡♡

7. Chikn-Chik

Mar 11, 2011
    Tellico Plains, TN
    Thank you! They are uber cute... I love their little hats too!

8. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I checked my shipping on my chick's and last thing posted was 15 HOURS AGO! WHAT THE HECK! Where in the world can they be. Oh please God don't let them be stuck some where!! I'm sick with worry. Looks kinda late to get the call from the post office today. :( I guess they are held over somewhere? WORRIED SICK

9. Chikn-Chik

Mar 11, 2011
    Tellico Plains, TN
    You said you used MPC which hatches from Myers correct? Did they tell you in the email how long it would be before you received your chicks after they shipped? I used Ideal and it says in the email that it takes two days for your chicks to arrive

10. realsis

Jan 17, 2013
    California

They were not specific. The shipped on the 11th and gave a window of the 12th to the 14th. I just checked tracking again and it's now been about 20 hours since any tracking was reported. Last entry was yesterday at 3:15 pm. I called the post office and they looked at the tracking number saying they might have more information. But when they checked, it was the same, no informaton.i just pray the babies make it alive and healthy.Does it mean they are just sitting somewhere if no information is tracked for that long? Ugh, it's going to be a long day...I feel so helpless. I just want to get them home and help them! This is such a awful feeling...why so long without any tracking. Soon it will be a full 24 hours..if I get any new news I will post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by