1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks shipped

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stephensc7146, Feb 11, 2013.

1. stephensc7146

stephensc7146 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    Today my order from Meyer shipped. All of a sudden very nervous and anxious. Praying that they all arrive happy and healthy!! I am hoping they will be here in the morning. Meyer Hatchery is only a 2-3 hour drive from me. Brooder is ready & warm, and 3 electrolyte packs are waiting to be mixed. Wishing the little ones luck!

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    :fl I'm sure they'll be just fine.
    Nikki

3. fduncan

fduncan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Wow they have a nice short ride to you ;) I'm sure they'll be fine but Good luck :)

4. stephensc7146

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    The biggest reason for me choosing Meyer was because I wanted to find the closest hatchery to me for shipping reasons. My tracking number is saying that the estimated delivery is on the 13th, but i'm still crossing my fingers for tomorrow morning. Can't wait to meet them! :)

5. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    So excited for you and can't wait to see pics!! Hope they arrive tomorrow [​IMG]

6. stephensc7146

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    Thank you, much! :)

7. fduncan

fduncan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    I bet you'll get them tomorrow mine took 2 days and I'm 1800 miles for them :) I'll be hoping you get an early morning call !

8. stephensc7146

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    So good news is - The 'Estimated delivery date for 2-13' turned into 'Expected delivery date of 2-12'! I don't know if i'll be able to sleep tonight due to excitement!!!

9. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    That's why I ordered from them too. I'm in PA so I was hoping for safe/fast delivery!!
    Since you are up and pacing the floors... What did you get and how many and have you ordered from them before??

10. stephensc7146

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    This is my first time ordering chickens, I think that's why i'm so antsy.
    I put in a decent sized order of 30.
    I really like surprises, so I got the all pullet rainbow pack (25 chicks) Excited to watch them grow and figure out what they all are. I love a variety of eggs too so I figured the rainbow pack would be perfect.
    I also ordered 3 blue silkies, 1 easter egger (Im pretty sure some easter eggers will come in the pack, but just incase there isn't, i'll atleast have one green egg) and 1 silver laced wyandotte. I think wyandottes are beautiful so I had to have one :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by