Chicks shipped!

poultryman84

Songster
9 Years
Oct 24, 2014
Quincy IL
Hey everyone. My chicks shipped this morning at 5:00am. They should be at our post office here tomorow. How should I go about getting them? Can't call today since they are closed. I would like to get them as soon as they arrive instead of waiting for our delivery guy to arrive.

I ordered from McMurray and it says "hold for pickup" at the post office on the order. They have two numbers to call me, but I will still give them a heads up that the chicks are coming when they're shipped. Are you sure they'll be there tomorrow? You could show up there early and check.

The standard protocol with mailed chicks is that the post office calls you when the chicks are in. You go pick them up, they do not deliver to your door. The hatchery should include your phone number. If you want them to deliver to your door you can tell them to, but I don’t.

I know the first names of the people at my post office. When I have chicks coming I talk to them and ask if the procedure has changed. It did last time. Instead of going around back and ringing a bell since it was before the post office opened, I needed to ring a bell up front.

Have heard to many bad stories about chicks not getting there on time. Just want to give them the best chance to survive. Tried calling an no is there to answer. I figured they would not be because it's Sunday but figured it was worth a shot. They open at 7:30am tomorrow so I'll try then

i hope your chicks arrive safely. I've read several posts about how bad usps in handling mailed chicks. I hope they do better this time.

I will be getting my chicks on Sunday. I'm so excited!

I really think most of those stories came from shipping that happened during the frigid cold and snowstorms. The weather looks pretty stable across the country now, and you should be fine since they'll only be a little more than 24 hours in transit. If they're at the distribution center 2 hours away, they might show up at your post office at 4:30 or 5a, so be ready!

Back
Top Bottom