Chicks shipping in the cold...

cvstable

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 10, 2013
I recently hatched some eggs and was happy with the chicks I ordered 15 from the breeder I bought from. The bad news is his hatch day is going to be on the 27th with the chicks shipping to my house on the 28th (even took the day off work). The weather is 60's here today and of course is dropping to the 20's (during the day mind you..) and 8 at night the shipping day, of course :/. Think they can generate enough heat in the box in the back of a priority mail truck? Postmaster said they would be in at 0730 AM....

Have him put in a heat pack or two to aid them. With any luck they will hatch a day early and wont have to go through that cold spell travel.

Thanks, I e-mailed him about the heat packs, will see what he says. Spent a lot of money on these chicks and 30+ in shipping :/...

Well, do to an unfortunate circumstance my breeder will be driving in my direction (he is over 8 hrs away) Wed night. The high today did not make 20, so he will be driving the chicks my way, no worrying about them in the back of the truck! I will drive about 21/2 hrs after work to meet him. It was so sweet that he cares about his birds so much :) I just hope I can make it home with out falling asleep, I work 12-13 hrs, hopefully they will be talkative :)

Back
Top Bottom