Chicks should be at the feed stores soon.

Since I am into this for the eggs - - -
not show quality just eating quality - - -
I am ok with feed store chicks.
thumbsup.gif

The only thing that frustrates me with feed store chicks is
when they say oh Yeah, they are pullets
and then I end up with 4 out of 5 being roos
rant.gif

Bring on the PULLETS
clap.gif

The local feed store I get the majority of my chicks from published their list today. I am going to stop by tomorrow to reserve my chicks for delivery in early April.
big_smile.png

Consider this. I was at the feed store last Spring and they had several brooders outside full of baby chicks, all perfectly labeled as to breed. As if in a horror movie, suddenly the long bar holding three stacked pens came loose and dozens and dozens of chicks poured out. A bunch of us customers and a couple of store employees chased them around for about a half hour until we cornered them all. Many were caught in the parking lot, headed for a very busy road. People were just shoving armloads of chicks into the brooder closest to them, including brooders that hadn't accidentally opened. I cannot even imagine the Hatchery Surprise deals that resulted from that day. I went away chuckling, empty handed.

Mary

p.s. get there early!
gig.gif

I don't think the feed stores around here carry chicks till mid-late March....maybe I sould investigate further. That would be a good way to pick up that single bird that I need...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom