Chicks sleep weird!

csummer8882

Songster
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Rockingham County, NH
Just peeking in on my sleeping girls tonight. 3 have their beaks tucked in under a wing and 3 are laying face down almost in the shavings. LOL They are all sprawled out!
smile.png

I've got mine in a bigger dog kennel as of tonight. You got 5 of them near the door where the light is, one has it's head on another one. You have another 4 scattered throughout the kennel. 2 of them somewhere in between! Seem happy. They are a minimum of 3 weeks old, up to 5 weeks old.

lau.gif

mine do that 2.
i never really saw that before because usually i have a hen do all the work but i incubated some and they sleep on a washcloth under the heat lamp and sleep on their faces
ep.gif
love.gif

Hahahaha! I am so glad I came here for chicken advice! You guys ROCK! You also make me laugh!
smile.png
I confess, when I saw the 3 sprawled out face down, I spoke loudly enough for heads to pop up! LOL Just had to check!

If I enter the room and find a brooder full of "dead" chicks, I always tap the side of the brooder to reassure myself they are only asleep.

I also just LOVE to watch a chick sloooooowly fall asleep on its feet, tipping, tipping, tipping over beak-first in the shavings. <*snort*>

And then there's the pile o' chicks, sleeping all over each other. Or the one single chick who has fallen asleep with its head on one side of something and its body on the other, neck stretched as if ready for the ax!!!

I had a chick that was sleeping on its side with its little legs straight out and head turned. My FIL came and said one had died. He was shocked when the brooder door opened and the chick jumped up.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom