Chicks sleeping a lot?

You got them at TSC? If it was me, I would go back and pick up Nutri-Drench....it literally saved some of my chicks that were wobbly and lethargic. I have also read where some people would use Poly-Vi-Sol (without iron).

When I woke up this morning, one of my chicks is super sleepy. She will barely peek at me, if I pet her, before going back to sleep. She wakes up if I pick her up, but will snuggle in and go back to sleep. I can't even entice her with a live meal worm, which she and her sister go crazy for usually. The other chick is up, scratching around, and fine. Could being too cold cause her to sleep like that? It's not too hot in their brooder. Thx!

I know when I had frogs that would eat mealworms we had to behead them first because they would stay alive after being eaten and chew through the frog's intestines.
Now, a frog's digestive system and methods are very different from a chickens so it might be ok to give them live mealworms but it's possible it might be bad for them. Anyone with a little more experience with this know anything about that?

pretty basic
- clean water, not too deep so they don't tip in and drown
- clean, food, appropriate for age (e.g. "chick starter")
- heat source with room to move in towards and out away from source to allow self-regulation of body temp.
- enough bedding to prevent splayed legs

watch for pasty butt, and otherwise, they pretty much will take care of themselves.
to the original post, they pretty much run, stop, drop and sleep almost like wind-up toys.
thumbsup.gif

pretty basic
- clean water, not too deep so they don't tip in and drown
- clean, food, appropriate for age (e.g. "chick starter")
- heat source with room to move in towards and out away from source to allow self-regulation of body temp.
- enough bedding to prevent splayed legs

watch for pasty butt, and otherwise, they pretty much will take care of themselves.
to the original post, they pretty much run, stop, drop and sleep almost like wind-up toys.
thumbsup.gif

what are splayed legs, i dont have any bedding in the brooder just paper towels

Back
Top Bottom