Chickedii

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2021
Got 4 new baby chicks yesterday (all female) I was holding each one today and noticed my 2 brown ones had a stinky smell, almost like dirty barn smell but my 2 black ones had no smell at all. Why is that? This is my first flock. We’re keeping them inside since they are only a few days old, their poops are all healthy, and I make sure to keep them at 96 degrees. 4in of shredded newspaper, I check every 2 hours to see if they’ve spilled any water so they never have any wet bedding and they have a constant supply of food. Is it just the type of hen or is it something I should be worried about? Because I keep all 4 together but only 2/4 smell and they happen to be the brown ones whereas my black ones don’t smell at all.

Got 4 new baby chicks yesterday (all female) I was holding each one today and noticed my 2 brown ones had a stinky smell, almost like dirty barn smell but my 2 black ones had no smell at all. Why is that? This is my first flock. We’re keeping them inside since they are only a few days old, their poops are all healthy, and I make sure to keep them at 96 degrees. 4in of shredded newspaper, I check every 2 hours to see if they’ve spilled any water so they never have any wet bedding and they have a constant supply of food. Is it just the type of hen or is it something I should be worried about? Because I keep all 4 together but only 2/4 smell and they happen to be the brown ones whereas my black ones don’t smell at all.
Does she look clean e.g. any poo around her vent

Does she look clean e.g. any poo around her vent
It’s been 4 days now and the 2 brown ones lost their smell, it wasn’t too strong but it was very noticeable whenever you were holding one. They were both clean. Now the scent is extremely faint and you basically have to hold them to your nose and sniff them really good to smell anything 😂

Back
Top Bottom