Chicks sneezing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by The Golden Egg5, Mar 19, 2017.

1. The Golden Egg5

The Golden Egg5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2016
    Boone, North Carolina
    I have six 2 week old chicks that I recently noticed were sneezing pretty consistently. One has a tiny bit of water on his beak, but I don't know if it is from drinking water or if it is coming from inside his nose. Other than sneezing, they are happy and running around. Also there is no rattly breathing or bubbles in eyes, nose, etc... They are kept in the garage on large pine shavings. Their food is very dusty, so I am planning on buying a new bag tomorrow to see if that helps with the sneezing. I completely cleaned their brooder yesterday. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. The Golden Egg5

Nov 5, 2016
    Boone, North Carolina
    Also does anybody have any good feed recommendations that can be found at tsc? I have been using DuMor, but it is very dusty. That could just be my bag though

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I have bought Nutrena and Purina feed there which I found less dusty than Dumor. I use pellets now which are too big for chicks of course, and the Nutrena is less dusty of all three. Now I use Kalmbach from a local store.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  4. The Golden Egg5

Nov 5, 2016
    Boone, North Carolina
    ok thank you! I might try dumor one more time because this was my fist time trying it and I forgot to check the date on the bag before i bought it. it was pretty old, so that could have contributed to the fact it was so dusty. i will also check to see what other types of feed mt tsc carries, but i think they only carry dumor and purina. purina is just so expensive!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by