Chicks sneezing

Aug 15, 2018
Up North ;)
I am not to concerned but I have been noticing my chicks sneezing. I read it could be dust or it could be a sinus infection other than that they are fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Sometimes my older chickens do sneeze in the run and coop but they have since they were chicks and now I hatched some eggs from my chickens, the chicks are inside. I will have to look into Sweet pdz for my coop.
Thanks!

I am not to concerned but I have been noticing my chicks sneezing. I read it could be dust or it could be a sinus infection other than that they are fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Today they are sneezing more like every ten seconds I hear one sneeze. Any ideas?
Sometimes my older chickens do sneeze in the run and coop but they have since they were chicks and now I hatched some eggs from my chickens, the chicks are inside. I will have to look into Sweet pdz for my coop.
Thanks!

How old are they?
If you have a video of them that would be good (upload videos to youtube or similar platform, then provide us a link)
Any photos you would like to share are always welcome.

If they are inside, have you used any cleaning products, sprays, etc. around the chicks. Are you using any air freshener? How much ventilation do you have?

The adults you hatched these from - did they have any respiratory illness or symptoms in the past?

Chicks can snick due to dust or molds in the brooder or from not enough ventilation - those are the first things to look at.
If your parent stock has a respiratory disease, depending on which one, it's possible it could be passed along to hatching eggs or illness can be passed unintended while handling different groups of chickens.

If you notice the sneezing interferes enough that they are not eating/drinking and active, figuring out the cause is important. As mentioned, check environment first to see if anything needs to be corrected. If environment is not the cause, then the next step would be to consider respiratory disease, testing is always a good idea so you know what you are dealing with. Some diseases can respond to antibiotics, but medication is not a cure.

How old are they?
If you have a video of them that would be good (upload videos to youtube or similar platform, then provide us a link)
Any photos you would like to share are always welcome.

If they are inside, have you used any cleaning products, sprays, etc. around the chicks. Are you using any air freshener? How much ventilation do you have?

The adults you hatched these from - did they have any respiratory illness or symptoms in the past?

Chicks can snick due to dust or molds in the brooder or from not enough ventilation - those are the first things to look at.
If your parent stock has a respiratory disease, depending on which one, it's possible it could be passed along to hatching eggs or illness can be passed unintended while handling different groups of chickens.

If you notice the sneezing interferes enough that they are not eating/drinking and active, figuring out the cause is important. As mentioned, check environment first to see if anything needs to be corrected. If environment is not the cause, then the next step would be to consider respiratory disease, testing is always a good idea so you know what you are dealing with. Some diseases can respond to antibiotics, but medication is not a cure.
Now they are in my garage they aren’t sneezing as much as they used to but I still hear it from time to time. I am going to hope it is dust. Would there be any other symptoms to a respiratory illness? No my older chickens haven’t had any diseases that I know of.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom