Chicks Sneezing

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickaroo!, May 15, 2008.

1. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    I have 6 chicks. They are about 4 or 5 wks old. Today, I took them outside for just a bit and they started sneezing. I took them back in pretty quickly and the sneezing seemed to stop. Why would this happen? Is it normal?

2. Ese_N_Gracie

Ese_N_Gracie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Is this blowing a little water out the cir (nose)sp? My girl did this almost evry night for a few weeks blowing/sneezing droplets of water on me....she now just does it on occasion. She drinks so much more water than the male....and tends to have "hot flashes" before bedtime, so drinks more water than usual at those times.... Did it continue after coming in....maybe they were excited and drank more water?????

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  3. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    No, there was no water droplets from their nose. Actually, I put water out witht hem, but they didn't drink any. And it didn't continue when I brought them inside.

4. Ese_N_Gracie

Ese_N_Gracie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Well then...they are just going to train you to keep them inside your comfy little home....and before you know it they'll be roosting on your bedposts! [​IMG] and using the remote control to their liking....I hope they are ok...everything I thought my babies have had...so far has cleared up on their own...Keep us updated!

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    This time of year, there's lots of pollen and such in the air. I'm sure it's just something that was in the air that they've not yet been exposed to yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by