1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks & Started birds For Sale in PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hinkjc, Jul 7, 2007.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    It's time to move out what I don't need to keep feeding here and get my pens organized again.

Blizzard Jr & hen: asking $50
    White Araucana - both are rumpless
    Male is single tufted, female is clean faced
    Male has white legs and black spot of plumage (could have black or splash gene)
    Female is white with willow legs, yellow skin
    Both will be a year this fall. Proven breeders. I have only gotten white chicks from this pen, altho there are other hens in there as well. I am only selling this pair because I have Blizz Jr's son, who meets a better standard of perfection for my breeding program.

Araucana pair: $35 for pair SOLD
    Blue male - beautiful double tufts and partial tailed
    Black female - beautiful double tufts and rumpless, however I do see 1 or 2 longer feathers hanging down, so possibly partial tailed.
    Proper leg & skin colors.
    These are approx 3 months old, not breeding or laying yet.

Blue Ameraucana cockerel - $10

Buff Orpington cockerel - $10

Bantam Buff Ameraucana cockerel - $10

8 Buff Orpington chicks - approx 1 wk old - $3 each
    Other pullet chicks - few days old - $3 each

Partridge Chukars - approx 2 wks old - $3 each
    Quail chicks - day olds - $1.50 each
    Pheasant chicks - day olds - $1.50 each

I can provide actual hatch dates on each of these if you're interested I'll look it up for you as they were all hatched here. All are standard unless noted. I would prefer pick up, but may ship depending on location & temps. Contact me for more info. Thanks for looking.

Jody

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  2. Iamaqte

Iamaqte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Riegelsville, Pa
    Hello! I am in the process of expanding my chicken coupe and am thinking about raising pheasants.. Do u hatch year round? I see you are about an hour from me so once I get everything done and rearranged, I would love to buy some birds from you!![​IMG]
    THanks!
    Patti

3. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Pheasants are seasonal layers, so as long as they continue to lay we continue to hatch. I'm not sure how much longer they'll go, as our wild turkeys stopped laying about a week ago. The pheasant and quail are still going strong at this point. We generally set weekly hatches for those while they are in season. Feel free to check back when you're ready.

Jody

4. Iamaqte

Jul 11, 2007
    Riegelsville, Pa
    where r u located?

5. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I am in Slatington PA 18080. You can go to my web site linked under my user name which has my contact info also.

Jody

6. Iamaqte

Jul 11, 2007
    Riegelsville, Pa
    You are actually under and hour from me which is great! I am very interesting in purchasing some chicks and pheasants from you.. I am looking for only female chicks though - can u sex them? or is it basically straight run? I wont be able to get out there until the 1st weekend in August. About how many baby chicks do u have? I am still learning so i am not sure which chickens are layers.. but I just want layers because I can't kill them.. so any help would be appreciated! Let me know if this works for you.
    Thanks!
    Patti

7. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I do not sex my own chicks that I hatch...no idea how and no desire to learn, as it's too time consuming for me. I do have some sexed pullets available right now from McMurray, but I don't expect to have them long. I think there are 9 of those left. My chicks usually sell out weekly. I try to have weekly hatches available, but sometimes I can't keep up with demand. We are a smallish farm and don't keep a lot of chicks on hand, as we run out of brooder space with all the species we have here. We do also have weekly pheasant hatches, but I would expect they'll stop laying soon as they are seasonal layers. All I could say is check back when you're ready for them and we'll go from there to see what we have available.

Jody

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

If you do buy something from hinkjc you wont be sorry. First, she is nice as can be, and second the birds are wonderful. I've only had mine a few days, but couldn't be more pleased. [​IMG]

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww, thanks Sara! [​IMG] I'm so glad to hear they're doing well.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by