Chicks still wet after 16 hours.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by amijab, Feb 25, 2012.

1. amijab

amijab Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    My chicks that hatched this morning are still wet. I think the humidity is too high becasue they are slipping on water in the incubator. I have a mini advanced Brinsea. It does not have a hygrometer. I don't know what to do. Please help?[​IMG]looks like she is on her head but I was taking the pic. from above. They are acting real tired and just flopping down any wich way. I don't know if I should get them out. I am worried it is too early to get them out but they have a wet messy floor they are slipping around on and there are other eggs that haved pipped like 12 hours ago and are not making much progress. ???

2. Farmergreen

Farmergreen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Looks and sounds like the humidity is way to high. Need to get a cardboard box with a 100w light to heat it, when it gets close to a hundred in the box move the chicks. put them on black print newspaper and make sure they don't dry to it. Getting all those wet chicks out will help lower the humidity. The other eggs may or may not hatch could have drowned. Move quick!!

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    X's 2!

4. amijab

amijab Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    I have a brinsea glow warmer and a placw with shavings set out. other chicks have their beeks sticking out of the shell for air.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by