Chicks supposed to arrive today...no word from breeder!

HenPecked_bychildren

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2010
SW Florida
The last contact was when she sent me an email about a month ago telling me that my chicks were expected to ship yesterday. And they should arrive at my PO today.(Hodges Farms) When I looked at their website yesterday it said that buyers would receive word when their chicks shipped. I'm hoping that means they didn't ship yesterday...but the no contact is driving me nuts! I sent an email this morning, just waiting...

This is my first time ordering chicks...I am very nervous.

What time of day will the PO contact me? Will they really? Should I be calling them? I have no idea which post office they will send them to..the closest one is actually not in the same town that I live in...will it probably be the one in the same town?

Do I need to open the box there so if there are any loses I can file a claim?

Thanks! Can't wait for my chicks to arrive! We've never raised day old chicks before they've always been a little over a week old when we got them before.

My PO contacted me at 8 am. Is your number on the box? It wouldn't hurt to call around to the POs and let them know you are expecting chicks. They might be able to tell you which one they will most likely go to.

Hopefully the breeder will get back to you soon. The not knowing is the worst! Good luck with them. New babies are fun.

I received an e-mail back and she said they wouldn't be shipping now until next Tuesday. Would have been nice to have been given a heads up. Oh well. Guess we just have to wait another week.
he.gif

Call your post office and let them know you will be recieving chicks and leave your number incase its not on the shipping label. The post office will be glad to call. Open the box at the post office that way if there are any that dont make it you can fill out a report. Hope everything goes ok. Maybe its a good thing they wont ship til next week. Weather is suppose to get a little better.

Back
Top Bottom