Chicks this morning

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pw_quiltworks, Mar 4, 2009.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I had 9 eggs in the incubator. I woke up to 5 chicks this morning. It was kind of a panic. I put too much water in the incubator and window was foggy. What a mess. Chicks are fine and now in the brooder. The last 3 have pipped. I only had one that was not developed. I broke a few early on. I started with 13. Not so good of a number to start with. Wish I had started with 12 or 14. Ok that's another subject!!! [​IMG][​IMG] I still have the three that hatched last week from another batch. They are healthy and way too cute. One is silver one is gold and the other is black. The black chick is the friendliest one. Just comes a running when I put my hand in the box. The cat was not impressed. [​IMG] You would thin that lil chick was going to kill the cat. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

what kind of incubator did u use

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    pics please [​IMG]

4. pw_quiltworks

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:I thnk it's the 1588 with egg turner. I filled everything. Bad mistake. Just lucky the chicks are ok.

5. pw_quiltworks

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:I am waiting for the last three to hatch then I will post all of them. I can't wait. They are so cute.

6. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Are these the eggs from siz8003 ?

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    OPPS double post,lag got me.....

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by