chicks tomorrow...!

spoolin

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
palm bay, FL
my partridge rock has gone broody and tomorrow saturday is d-day! what should i do? the nest is about a foot from he ground, what happens if the babies jump off or how would they get down? and do i need to feed them something specific? i'm so ancsuce(sp?)!!!!
thank you spoolin

Quote:
Once one hatches, it would be best to move to a seperate area so the other birds don't attack the chicks. Keep something else in mind too. Baby chicks bounce. I had one fall about 3 feet and it got up and peeped at me, like WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?? Scared the peewaddin outta me, but I learned they can fall and be ok.

Quote:
and if you see them bounce from the 'how it's made' video you'd be amazed...they fling them here and there and everywhere!

Do you have chick starter? While you have mom and babies separatedfrm the rest of the flock, the mom will probably eat it as well as her own food, but that's okay. The chicks really need the protein.

Congrats on your new babies!
thumbsup.gif

alright guys, she got down from the nest, and left acouple of eggs in there. is there any way i can hatch them? i dont have an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom