Chicks went out to coop

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Keisha, May 12, 2007.

1. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    My chicks turned 2 weeks old today. Since they were just over a week old, the lamp hasn't been on in the brroder. They didn't need it at all during ht eday. But we put in on at night when it gets chilly. Yesterday we put them outside and they had a blast. Then took then in after about and hour and a half. Today they were out there for about 3 hours, and they loved it of course. So I was exploring in the coop (which is an old pump house, that was here when we move in in febuary) and there is electricity in there, and plug-ins. Which I didnt know. So today we put the chicks out there and their lamp, and all of their stuff. Then we made a better ramp for them. And we have been fixing up the outside of the pumphouse/coop, and we are going to paint it red when we finish replacing the wood on the outside. But if it doesnt turn out the way we want it too, we are just going to tin it this summer when we do our barn . The 2 older Aruacraunas (sp?) chicks, and the bantam hens and rooster were in there. But we moved them to the other coop, where we were going to p ut the chicks, when they had all of their feathers. But then we found out about hte electricity. So now everyone is happy and warm out there.

2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Aren't they so funny when they get to move into a bigger place? The run, stretch their wings. [​IMG] I never get tired watching them.

3. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Yeah its funny. Some people say watching fish in a tank is destressing. But watching my chicks and other chickens it for me. Its the cutest thing when they find something and run off with it so the other chicks can't have it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by