chicks with bloody poop

Roger98

Songster
Mar 16, 2018
5 week old chicks with very bloody poop. They've been on a medicated food since I got them and only just a few days ago switched them to regular chick feed. Should I get them on corid?

I would get some Corid and start treatment for possible coccidiosis. Corid is amprollium, and that is what is in your medicated feed, only in very a small amount. Can you post any pictures of the bloody poop?
Dosage is 2 tsp of liquid Corid or 1 1/2 tsp of powder Corid per gallon of water for 5 to 7 days.

Last edited:
If you get the liquid Corid you might want to give each chick a drop or two of the concentrated (undiluted) liquid directly into their beak, especially if they are not eating or drinking much as they could take a turn for the worse very quickly if it is coccidiosis.

I would bet some Corid and start treatment for possible coccidiosis. Corid is amprollium, and that is what is in your medicated feed, only in very a small amount. Can you post any pictures of the bloody poop?
Dosage is 2 tsp of liquid Corid or 1 1/2 tsp of powder Corid per gallon of water for 5 to 7 days.

20181205_192935.jpg
20181205_192949.jpg

Back
Top Bottom