Chicks with little bit of dull red poop in blood for awhile now?

coopersgirl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 30, 2010
hi everyone, i bought some barred rock chicks a month ago, they are two months old. i noticed when they first got here a few poops with small bits of blood in them. i was not too worried because it did not look like a lot of blood nor was it bright. thought it was intestinal lining maybe.

I am still occasionally finding poops like this but no one is acting sick at all. everyone looks 100% healthy. When I see pics of cocci poop it looks nothing like it, the cocci poops are bright red with lots of blood. There is no diarahea, the poops are completely regular looking besides the redness in them. its a dull red, sometimes does not even look like blood but it must be.

Any ideas? I will buy some cocci meds if you all think I need it but I havent yet beccause no one is the least bit sick.

Are they on medicated feed? Might help if you answer the questions at the beginning of this forum.

no they are not on medicated feed, but from what i have learned chickens can get cocci even when on medicated feed.

that is what i thought too punkinpeep, I Guess I am just looking for reasurance. I might just order some cocci meds today just in case but i do not want to treat them if they are all healthy.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

You and i think alike.

Back
Top Bottom