Chicks with pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenranchwife, Jun 2, 2007.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Yesterday we stopped in at Runnings, and not like I don't have enough chores already; I decieded to check to see if they still had chicks. They did! My husband knows that will keep me home! LOL He said he didn't care if I got more, because I got 54 chicks on March 17th, then I got 2 more on April 5th, and I already had 22 laying hens but had lost 3 of them.
    I seen they had black sex links and production reds, so I got a dozen of each. My daughter was using her calculator and this adds up to 99 chickens total. I must be in love with chickens. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Absolutely adorable! I can't get over how blue your daughter's eyes are, either.

Those chicks are going to be fantastic layers! 99 chickens! Sounds like you have a great hubby there!

-Meghan

3. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    [​IMG]

What ARE you going to do with all those eggs?

Very cute baby chicks you got there!

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Cute! And your daughter has gorgeous eyes!

5. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    So cute! And does your daughter kiss each and every 99? They will know they are loved.[​IMG]

6. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    What a beautiful little girl. (chicks are cute too)

7. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks everyone! I am afraid I will have to keep the shotgun handy when she gets older. If she could catch all of them she would kiss them all. I have a huge demand for eggs and can't seem to keep up with my orders. My hubby two years ago wouldn't let me have chickens and now he's likeing the egg industry. LOL He kinda likes the girls and it's one way to keep me home off of road construction. LOL

8. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    chickenranchwife: How to you sell your eggs? Do you advertise or is it word of mouth?
    I am not much of a salesperson and always wind up giving my eggs away to church people. Wish I could at least sell enough to pay for the hens feed![​IMG]

9. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Yes,,,you will need a shotgun with that set of baby blues, she is adorable, what a picture....lol
    Oh yes, and the chicks are cute too.
    As far as selling the eggs I don't know if you all have www.craigslist.org in your areas but I am sure most likely you do. I posted an add on there, it is free and was overwhelmed with people who wanted fresh eggs. If your feed store don't sell them put an add up. I got sick of giving them away, the feed price keeps going up, plus the care involved,and if they want them they can buy them!!! lol
    I paid $2.75 a chick this year from my feed store, they seem to go up every year and he sold every order he got in. They were all gone in no time. Cicks were a hot commodity in the area this year.[​IMG]

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Do what my dad did. Make sure you're cleaning your gun when the boys come over. Then ask, "What do you plan on doing with my little girl, Son?" It works. Trust me. Everyone at school knew about Dale Larson. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by