Chicks with wobbly gait, lethargy and sneezes.

Lil_Mama_T

In the Brooder
May 6, 2020
Hi guys! I bought new chicks from two different breeders a month ago. Bresse from one guy and a variety of layers from another farm...They have all been together in a brooder (wing of our barn) quarantined from our other laying birds since. They are now 5weeks old.
I had noticed that a couple weren’t thriving as well as others, just smaller and less lively but nothing else noteworthy, until three days ago I heard some sneezes and rattles from the whole flock when they were bedded down.
The next day a couple of the weaker ones are walking in a zigzag pattern and stumbling :(
Their poops are all normal, no facial swelling, no discharge from eyes...no other symptoms, they rest puffed up, staggery gait, sneeze/wheeze.
They have LOTS of space to run around and well ventilated environment.
They have been switched since from straw bedding (which was damp underneath when I changed it) to shavings and the area cleaned completely, they are being fed medicated chick starter only no treats yet. I added vitamins to their water last night....
I have been searching for three days non stop but can’t find an accurate diagnosis that fits these symptoms..any advice? I’m worried for my other chickens, we change our footwear and wash up well b/w visits and they are well separated across the property in the barn but it would be devastating if our chickens at home which are our pets got infected.

Back
Top Bottom