Chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ThreeHens2, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ThreeHens2

ThreeHens2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    These chicks are about a week old, I know they are too young to sex but if anyone has any ideas on what their genders may be that would be great. Also, what color do you think my Cochins are. I'm thinking black but I'm not sure. Thank You

Chick 1- Cochin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 2- Cochin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 3- Sicilian Buttercup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The Cochin appears to be Golden Laced. They're too young to even guess gender.

3. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree, Golden-Laced Cochins. [​IMG] Updated pictures in a few weeks would help immensely as far as determining gender goes. [​IMG]

~Alex

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree too young for gender - try posting new photos at about 8 weeks of age.

5. ThreeHens2

ThreeHens2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    This is what they look like now. I'm thinking they are all hens at this point. The only thing is, the Cochins don't look like gold laced Cochin pictures I have looked up. It might be because they are hatchery birds but I'm not really sure.
    Chick 1
    [​IMG]
    As you can see this one has more of a gold pinstripe pattern by her neck area.
    Chick 2
    [​IMG]
    Chick 3
    [​IMG]

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

I'm seeing all pullets too.

Those are GLC, but yes, they are poorly laced. That is, sadly, typical of hatchery GLs of most breeds. SL varieties are even worse - I have seen some almost pure black and some columbian looking birds sold as SL several times.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by