Chickville

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Robin L, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I did a page about my Chickville for all who asked about it and it can be found here
    This is working for me and the babies. Im not ingoring what others have to say about not doing this, its just I saw with my own eyes that it can work and I had to try. I didnt want to build another coop or keep my babies in a tiny area. Also I am not working outside the home as of right now and the babies get alot of my attention so I watched to make sure it was going to work. I actually sat out there 2 days to make sure all was fine. If I wasnt watching my daughter was.
    I truely appreciate all the wonderful advice I get here and love learning from everyone here.

2. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Sweet. Chickville is a really good idea. By the way, what type of chicks are those? It looks like they are New Hampshires. I have 6 New Hampshire pullets and my runt that is 10 weeks old looks exactly like yours in picture #4.Here is a picture of my baby New Hampshire. She is the one on the right of the picture. Good luck, Chickenman8

[​IMG]

3. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thank you for your kind words! Iam not possitive on what kind they are, see when I ordered them I had a great gentleman that worked at the feed store help me and I was so excited to have them ordered I forgot what I got. I have been told from the great people here that they are RIR. I will go back to the feed store soon and ask the same gentleman what they are soon tho.
    Beautiful chickens you have there!

4. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Thanks for the pictures!!! It looks like it is working great!!

5. Lea71

Lea71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good job keeping those chickies safe from their big sisters. It's no fun always being picked on...no pun intended! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by