Chicky Treat

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tdgill, Feb 17, 2009.

1. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine are 3 and 4 wks. And I am obsessed. DB told me and its true. I dote on them endlessly poor things.

I mixed some baby food peas with their crumbles. Just enough for a snack. By mixing it, i feel more confident that I won't imbalance their diet, as they are still mostly getting the crumbles with a coating of yummmy peas. and they're BABIES. awwww

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    Did they love it? It's so much fun to see them eat things that they're crazy about.

3. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    I give mine crumbles with a little yogurt mixed in. They don't sling the yogurt around making a mess. I also feel better knowing that their treats still gives them the other nutrients as well. I do this every other day and give them a mashed up boiled egg for extra protein on alternate days. Mine love both of these treats and are very funny to watch them with their treat games. Good Luck and i think i'll try the peas when they get a little older. Good Luck

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  4. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

yeah, on second thought I probably am rushing things. Kept on eye on their poop, thinking peas might make them loose.

what other treats are ok or suggested at 1 month? I have read some topics I searched here....but any new input is awesome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by