Chicky wants to know what his/hers breed is

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Pinknblueprincess, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Pinknblueprincess

Pinknblueprincess Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2008
    Hi All,

I'm very new to this whole chicken thing so i apologize in advance if i make any mistakes. I rescued this chick from a lady who was flushing them down the toilet. *so mean!!!* and i have been taking care of it for 3 weeks now. I don't know if its a boy or a girl or how old it is or even what breed it is so any help would be appreciated.

This picture is from the first day i got him and he has now grown over the past 3 weeks. he still is a pale yellow with a big black strip going fron the base of his neck to the end of his back. but he is now growing a tail of whit feathers that are sticking up. his feathers have come in on his wings and they are a mix of black and white.

he is a VERY friendly chick and loves to follow me around the yard and hang out in my hands. I have been feeding him the medicated chick feed and grit and he loves it [​IMG]

Thanks so much for any advice/comments/anything

ps- unfortunatly i cannot keep Chicky chicky (thats his name ) once he grows up but fear not... he is going to a good home on a farm that cannot wait to meet him. I'm just keeping him while he is a baby and needs some extra love and care.

Thanks again... and here is my Chicky Chicky [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    [​IMG]
    That is so great. Did you stop the lady from flushing any more? Glad you get to have the experience but a bummer, you can not keep it. It is hard to tell what breed. Does it have a puff of feathers on top of it's head?

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Hmm... It's got a crest, or top hat. Maybe polish? Can you post a current picture? [​IMG]

4. Pinknblueprincess

Jul 1, 2008
    Hi [​IMG]

I saved about 30 of them but i think she had already flushed a few. Luckily i found them all temoprary homes and they will all be relocated to farms in a few weeks.
    i wish i could keep them but i live in a city and don't have enough room.

As for the feathers on its head... well kinda. There aren't too many but he does have a few that stick up. He also has a black dot in between his eyes ( you can see in this picture it looks like you see his left eye... thats the dot) and he has another black spot on the top of his head.

Thanks!

5. Pinknblueprincess

Jul 1, 2008
    I will try posting another picture tonight when i get home from work

Thanks!

6. Pinknblueprincess

Jul 1, 2008
    oh and i forgot to tell you he has the pretties blue eyes !!!

7. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Why was she flushing them?? Was this a school project?

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

How many toes does he have? He looks like a polish or houdan in a way.

9. Pinknblueprincess

Jul 1, 2008
    I don,t think so. She was trying to get on a plane to Beirut with them. The airline said she couldnt take 30 of them in her carry-on luggage. so she started flushing them in the airport bathroom.

it was so sad.

10. Pinknblueprincess

Jul 1, 2008
    wow i never thought to count the toes... i will do so tonight when i post an updated picture of him

thanks so much to all!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by