chihuahua/pekanese mix

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by scooter147, May 11, 2009.

1. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    I dog sat a chi/pek mix for a friend over the weekend. First time dog sitting this dog.
    Well, Saturday she followed me into the chicken run and started going after my chickens with great zeal.
    Man she was a little terror, she had them running, flying and squawking like no body's business [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I could not catch her, she was too fast, she would not stop no matter how much I yelled at her UNTIL Slyvester THE ROOSTER had enough. He finally came out of the coop after running in like a "big chicken" when she started going after them. He flogged her a couple of times and she quickly did an about face and huddled at the gate until I let her out. She wouldn't go within 25 yards of the coop the rest of the weekend. [​IMG]

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Congrads on such a good roo!
    My roo Chipmunk had to do the same thing to my beagle, Nick was out on his chain and would chase the hens as they ran by, and finally Chipmunk had it and attacked him. And now Nick stays away from him at all costs. [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    See and everyone says to use timeouts for children. A good spanking never hurts and gets the point across. [​IMG]

4. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Cetawin, trust me if I could have caught her I would have picked her up by the scruff of the neck and spanked that little hind end of hers but good. But I couldn't catch her, she was having too much fun and she knew she wasn't allowed to play with her new found real live play toys.

5. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Glad you have a good roo and everything worked out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by