chik just pipped and bulb went out went down 25 degrees!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dragontamer56, May 18, 2011.

1. dragontamer56

dragontamer56 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    I just got back from my band concert wich was and hour and a half and went i left the bulb went out. The temperature was 75 degrees. I had a chick just pip today will it be okay.

2. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    In the title it says 25 degrees, but after reading I see it is only 75. Most should be okay, just try to get the temp up asap.

3. Steph Martin

Steph Martin Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    Nova Scotia Canada
    I've read here and elsewhere that an eggs internal temperature takes 1/2 hour to go down.

I just hatched out some chicks on Sunday past and the incubator I used had a mind of its own. The temperature in that thing went from 96F to 105F ALL the time. I was just about out of my mind and was even getting up in the night a couple times to check. All mine hatched out fine. Don't worry just get that temp back up. You'll probably be ok. I'm wishing you luck.[​IMG]

4. dragontamer56

dragontamer56 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    well the chick hatched out last night and is doing fine. Nobaody else has pipped yet but they have todauy yet to do so. So fingers crossed hope more hatch.

5. valley ranch

valley ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

You,ve no choice now but to see it through, it will be fine if it only went down to 75. I'm sure you have the heat on now. I have had that happen on the batch in the bator now,the power went out for hours, when we candled last they were good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by