Childless for a while

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by zippitydooda, Jul 10, 2011.

1. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Ok, this is the first time in over 35 years that there are NO kids at home. Now I have to clarify that I LOVE my kids, so don't think poorly of me when I say:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. [​IMG]

I didn't have to cook. I actually don't have to WAIT to use MY computer. There are NO dishes in the sink. The laundry is done. I can go to the bathroom ALONE. (Ok, the cat came in but that doesn't count).

I have 2 more days of this..... what should I do next?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

Run around the house nekkid.. or something like that.... [​IMG]

3. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Take a long hot bubble bath with candles and the bathroom door wide open!

Music on the stereo too!

4. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    Crank "your" music up and dance! I love those stolen moments of "me time". I have never had a whole weekend, but an hour or two every couple years.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:That's the first thing DH does when our boy "goes away" for a while. We're enjoying a full fridge with him away for several weeks [​IMG]
    Zippity - I would SLEEP...and NAP...and SLEEP some more [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:Have you been peeking??? [​IMG] Trust me when I say, "The empty nest is a wonderful thing." I love my children and grandchildren. I love when they come to visit, and I love it even more when they go to their own homes. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:OH I AM SO JEALOUS! It's summer time, so naturally EVERYBODY is home, PLUS the pregnant step daughter has moved back in. She's 20 and the boys are both 17 and they're eating me out of house and home.....Not to mention the laundry, dishes, and cleaning I'm constantly doing to keep things in order.....I can't relax if the house is messy......

Hmmm, what to do.....You should enjoy some spontaneous romance with your hubby or significant other! And if you are a single parent, you should just relax and DO NOTHING! And then, call a friend and go to dinner! And maybe go to the mall and buy yourself something nice! YOU DESERVE IT!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Isn't it SOOO nice??? Ours have been gone for a couple months now and we sit here and wonder how in the heck we did it for so long. The bills went WAY down too.

9. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    OH I AM SO JEALOUS! It's summer time, so naturally EVERYBODY is home, PLUS the pregnant step daughter has moved back in. She's 20 and the boys are both 17 and they're eating me out of house and home.....Not to mention the laundry, dishes, and cleaning I'm constantly doing to keep things in order.....I can't relax if the house is messy......

If she is 20 and the boys are 17 I have to ask...WHY are you doing everything???? deligate deligate deligate!! My sons baby mother hated me because I made her do housework even after the baby was born....sheesh....if she lived on her own she would have to do it anyways.​

10. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:If she is 20 and the boys are 17 I have to ask...WHY are you doing everything???? deligate deligate deligate!! My sons baby mother hated me because I made her do housework even after the baby was born....sheesh....if she lived on her own she would have to do it anyways.

Hello Dianne! They do help, but it's minimal. I think I will take your advice and give them ALL a list of chores. They could definitely do more around the house. I work full time too, and none of them have jobs YET, so you're right, THEY CAN DO MORE!

Gosh, this is dumb, but I really didn't think about it. I don't mind housework, and I like keeping busy, so it's not like it was bothering me, but I do feel like the maid sometimes......[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by