1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Children and Chickens OH MY

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by urban escapee, Mar 18, 2012.

1. urban escapee

urban escapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    My nieces love to come over and feed the chickens, collect the eggs, and maybe catch one or two to pet. Today they brought my girls (and a few undercover roo's) a bucket of dried meal worms. My sister asked how long the bucket would last...my reply was anywhere from 10 minutes to a month. Once she saw the fevor with which my ladies attacked those things she realized I was right. Anyway. These girls are a joy when they come over and I love that they are so fascinated with the chickens and want to help.
    [​IMG]

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    That's lovely :)

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    I love your niece's expression :)

4. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    That's really cute! [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love her dress! So clean!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's an adorable picture! [​IMG] Start them young, I say! Thanks for sharing.

7. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Kids and chickens go together like "mac & cheese", "a horse and carriage", and "peanut butter and jelly". Your niece is BEAUTIFUL!! I just love her pretty little dress!! We started our chicken adventure last April, and I can't imagine our lives without chickens ever again. I wish we had started when my children were younger, but better late than never! Here's a few pictures of my girls with their hens:

Sincerely,
    Kelly
    Our Country Chronicles

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    Absolutely the most lovely photos!

9. urban escapee

urban escapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    for some reason my sister always has the girls in dresses when they come out. Its totally cute with the rubber and cowboy boots, but not practical when we go in the goat pen, feed the horses and chickens. :)

10. Chido

Chido Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    El Monte
    I agree, but tell that to our roo. Roostroyer isn't too keen to be the pet of two girls and lots of build-a-bear outfits...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by