Chilled Button Quail Chick

eveliens

Songster
Jun 24, 2020
Update: Unfortunately he died.

_

I have my brooder set up in the laundry room, which is a small room that is easily heated and kept warm. Unfortunately, I went to bed early last night and one of my housemates (who had been doing laundry) didn't remember to shut the door. I went in this morning and the room was chilly. The chicks have a heat lamp and the coturnix are all a-OK but the buttons need it to be much warmer. They look pretty rough - I warmed them back up and used a syringe to give them clean, warm water to rehydrate them. One perked up and looks better but the other is struggling. Is there anything I can do to help perk him up or should I just hope for the best now that he's warm again.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. Buttons can be pretty delicate. Good luck with the one that's perking up! Let us know how he does.
They are so delicate :( They usually are kept in a spare room but we're currently cleaning that room out so they were in the laundry room. Had pretty good luck with the other 2 batches but this one seems plagued with some bad luck. I've kept 1/3 alive and the mom has kept 3/3 alive. Hopefully next time she'll hatch out ALL her eggs instead of half. On the bright side, the other chick perked back up and is back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom