Chilled chicks.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickengal505, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    For about a week I was sick and unable to check on the chickens. The person I asked to check on them for me failed to provide anything for the chickens just looked to make shure they wernt dead. :hethey took my 3 week old BR's and Frizzle Bantam OUT of the brooder (away from my heat lamp [​IMG] ) because they said the chicks where too hot. I went today and one of my best hens was dead in the nest box and the Frizzle Bantam was dead in the isolation pen with a ROOSTER and her BR sisters. Anyway the BR's are chilly and I took them home and put them in the baby baby brooder with my week olds. The smalest one is fluffed up and trying to snuggle up under her sister. Besides the blow drier and heating pad what can I do for the poor little ones?

Edited to add: The little shivery one's temperatue is about 102.1 (took it with digatal thermeter under her wing)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. AmyRey

AmyRey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Wow. [​IMG]

3. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I know.... I was soooooo ticked. :'( Frankie was the best, sweetest little chick I've ever owned.

4. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    wrap them in nice warm towels right out of the dryer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by