chillin' under the peach trees

Discussion in 'Geese' started by duck walk, Aug 6, 2010.

1. duck walk

duck walk Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    [​IMG]

they do not eat the peaches but get a big kick out of shaking them out of the trees...especially if they can do it on another goose, or better yet, a duck...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Those look like some very happy geese! I'll bet it's hilarious watching them shake the trees. [​IMG]

3. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Look at the one in the middle of the pic that's looking directly at the camera -- what a character! [​IMG] I'd love to see a video of them shaking the peach trees - that would be absolutely hysterical! My grandparents raised this type of goose when I was growing up in Florida. What breed are they??

4. duck walk

duck walk Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    they really are a bunch of characters...they are White Chinese...there are two Poms in there and way in the back you can see a Brown Chinese...the Poms I think are a not so good grade but they are big and pretty...their markings are not quite right...their markings are more like Shetlands but they are way too big to be Shetlands...I bought them as Pomeranians...they have no grey saddles and are almost entirely white...you can see, if you look closely, that they have grey "hats" onI love them allo...they are such fun...

5. noahsgeese

noahsgeese Border Collie

Nov 30, 2009
    Virginia
    How many geese do you have? [​IMG]

6. duck walk

duck walk Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    8 White Chinese, 6 Brown Chinese, 2 Poms...5 ganders the rest girls...I really want some buffs, lavenders, blues and and and...got goose fever...heeeelllllppp!

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger 10 Years

I have 2 Sebbie ganders I'm selling........ [​IMG]

8. duck walk

duck walk Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    all right chickenzoo...just stop it!!!! [​IMG]

9. WingingIt

WingingIt Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Funny! I'd love to see a video, too. All those peaches.......... [​IMG]

10. duck walk

duck walk Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    [​IMG]

another shot...I am learning how to do pics without using photobucket so bear with me...another of the peach tree gathering...the grey on the right is a 2 to 3 mo old Brown China, my Boris...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: