Chillin' w/my Peeps! Hammock Time! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Sep 28, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

DH was resting in the hammock today and one by one, many of the girls began dropping underneath to chill with Dad. I took the opportunity to snap a few cute pics and thought you'd enjoy them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

What a good looking group. You have been very blessed.

Really want to know what is that on the hen in the bottom picture on the bottom left hand side? Is that a "saddle"? I have heard of them not seen one. If so how does it stay on? Do you have it on her because of your roo? Enquiring minds want to know.....
    TIA
    Nadine

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Cynthia....great pics! What a great "family picture"

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

That's so cute, Specks!
    I was sick on the couch the other day and I thought I was having a heart attack. My chest was heavy and I couldn't breathe...I opened my eyes and Obelisk is sitting on my chest eating the loose fabric paint off my shirt...[​IMG]
    She'll be near you, but not too near...

5. speckledhen

I knew someone would ask, LOL. Yes, Ginger is one of Hawkeye's favorites and is also moulting so under her wings, she is bald as a baby's behind. It helps protect her from his nails. It has elastic that goes over each wing. She doesn't mind it at all. I have one other hen who also is wearing one, but she wasnt around for the group shot today.

6. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks I thought so but you know about assumptions....

7. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I LOVE the Hammock pictures!
    PUT that camera on AUTO TIMER and get in those pics too...specks you are in that family too!
    I always have to remember to get out from behind the camera and take some with the family!
    LOVE the PICS!!
    Your birds are gorgeous!
    MY EE's are so sweet right now...2 are laying...2 eggs a day! Even Whitey is squatting to let me pick her up and she NEVER let me.
    BLUE Eggs too....WHOO HOO [​IMG]

8. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Ohhhhhh I love those pictures. Chickens are such great relaxing therapy.

9. speckledhen

Spotted Crow said:
    I was sick on the couch the other day and I thought I was having a heart attack. My chest was heavy and I couldn't breathe...I opened my eyes and Obelisk is sitting on my chest eating the loose fabric paint off my shirt...

[​IMG] [​IMG] That's priceless!!! And Nadine, I sure do know about those assumptions, LOL. I just realized that except for two birds, these are all my original girls except for Lexie. Wonder where the younger girls were? Hmm.​

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Those pictures were so nice, I was trying to come up with a cute remark, but all I come up with is "aaawwww" which is just as nice right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by