1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

China’s former top drug regulator was sentenced to death. Pet Food

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Barnyard Dawg, May 29, 2007.

1. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    The developments are among the most dramatic steps Beijing has publicly taken to address domestic and international alarm over shoddy and unsafe Chinese goods — from pet-food ingredients and toothpaste mixed with industrial chemicals to tainted antibiotics

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18911849/

2. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Wow I miss so much when I dont watch TV..Come to think of it I dont even remember last time I turned one on.

3. JackieK318

JackieK318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    Isn't that sad that people are so corrupted by money that they will put other beings at risk?!

4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Wow, that's really something! Can you imagine the head of the FDA here in America getting the death penalty for approving drugs that shouldn't have been? Not saying he should or shouldn't. Just can't imagine that happening in America.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

If we did that, there'd be noone left, except us chickenfolk....hey, that might not be a bad idea...[​IMG]

6. Grace Boyer

Grace Boyer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    I wonder if he was responsible for any human deaths? If it was only animals, I think the death penalty was uncalled for. Not that my opinion matters anyway. Not that I don't care about the animals, in fact my dog got sick from it, and I've had been very upset if she'd died, but I don't think he should be executed for tainting animal food.

7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    It wasn't just animal food he was dealing with it was alot of other items including products used by people.

"In one instance, an antibiotic approved by Zheng’s agency killed at least 10 patients last year before it was taken off the market."

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Bingo. Just totally disgusting, isn't it?

9. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I LOVE IT!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by