China blue or blue China chicken?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by critters, Feb 22, 2015.

1. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone know what these are? And do you have a picture? Maybe the name was Asia Blue ???
    Tractor supply here in town has them and I've never heard of them... Also a Dixie??
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

Dixie rainbow and Asia blue? I'll get it straight!? Ever heard of these?
  3. Rsvmaclark

Rsvmaclark New Egg

Mar 16, 2014
    I got 3 pullets yesterday. They are friendly little chicks, not a show chicken but they are supposed to be hardy good brown egg layers. [​IMG]
  4. Rowsdower

Rowsdower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    They sound like names given to hybrid chickens, never heard of them myself.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  5. TLN

TLN New Egg

Sep 16, 2017
    I bought 6 'Asian Blues' at Tractor Supply. They were only sold straight run, but they were on sale so I took a chance on the six. I ended up with 4 roosters and 2 pullets. They are now about 6 months old. The roosters are solid and huge, around 5 pounds. They are all different. One was solid black, one's lower half is black and the upper is orange/red. The third one is black with an orange/red head and neck, the last is black with orange/red streaks all over his body. All of the black parts have a blue and green sheen. They are beautiful birds. The pullets are both solid black with the blue/green sheen. All but the orange topped rooster were black chicks with some white spots on their heads. The orange topped one was brown and white. I thought he was mixed in the wrong tank, but they swore he was also an Asian Blue. I can't find much information on the breed, but I'm happy with the whole bunch. I didn't want/need the roosters, but like I said they are beautiful birds. I finally separated them from all of my herd of girls and they now have their own coop/pen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by