chinese feedback

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by peternaaman, Feb 20, 2015.

1. peternaaman

peternaaman Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2015
    What do you think about this chinese incubator and it's results does anybody have problems with

2. peternaaman

peternaaman Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2015
  3. FarmerMac

FarmerMac Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2014
    Virginia
    I have one of those, My first try I just plugged it and DID NOT calibrated anything, did not check temperature with any other thermometer or the humidity with a hygrometer. Out of about 20 eggs, only 3 hatched, there were embryos but did not hatched. I used the incubator out of the box at room temperature.
    My second try, I kept the incubator inside the styrofoam container it came in, I cut the top of the container so I could see the digital reading. This help maintaint the temperature level.
    Also! I added two thermomerters with hygrometer combination. I found the the temperature was wrong and so was the humidity readings. I went with the outside thermometers instead of the incubator readings. . I had the temperature between 99 and 100 degrees, I put 20 eggs and now the chicks started hatching earlier than day 21, so far we have 16 chicks and 4 eggs left 3 show pipping.
    I added a water to keep the humidity above 60%!
    Again I did not use any of the incubator readings, I used the thermometer / hygrometer combo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by