Chinese Golden Pheasant

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Masonicflock, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Masonicflock

Masonicflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    Springfield, Tn
    Is there anyone who knows someone who has information on a place to acquir that sells or may have one themselves? Friends of mine lost their Rooster and have been trying to replace it or they will have to sell their Hens since they can't breed them anymore. Any info is greatly appreciated

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Do you mean a red golden?Or a chinese ringneck?There is no such creature as a chinese golden.Red goldens are from China,but it is not part of their name.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. Masonicflock

Masonicflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    Springfield, Tn
    Red Goldens. I know its not part of the name but round here its always common to here them called that so forgot to correct my speech haha

4. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Try Karl Zimmerman in Martin,Tn.,Bob Rader in Bean Station,Ron Phillips in Knoxville,Alden Jones in Old Hickory,Delinda Crawford in Delano,Justin Howell in Greeneville.All these people raise red goldens,along with a few more species.
    In N.H.,Tony.

5. mohawkbrian

mohawkbrian Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    you are wrong. they are also known as red goldens, ,chinese goldens and golden pheasants.if they were chinese ringnecks they would be chinese ringnecks or ringnecks.

6. De Wet

De Wet Chillin' With My Peeps

Well it is also a first timer for me never heard about a Chinese golden pheasant since the many years I studied pheasants[​IMG]

7. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I think you need to read more about pheasants.There is absolutley no such creature as a chinese red golden.There are red goldens.Chinese ringnecks.
    In N.H.,Tony.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  8. mohawkbrian

mohawkbrian Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Well you are wrong. Chinese golden pheasants is one of the names given to the species chrysolphus pictus

9. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Where are you getting this info from.I will look it up.
    In N.H.,Tony.

10. fowlsessed

fowlsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    east Tennessee
    Is Ron Phillips on the forums? he's nearby me, I'd like to contact him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by