Chinese mountain black bone chicken usa breeder?!

After a few minutes with Google, it seems this chicken is equivalent to what is referred to as "silkies" on BYC. I do not know if this is entirely true. Perhaps get your hands on a mature, black silkie and see if the skin between the feathers is black.

SIlkies and a number of other breeds have black skin, bones, meat, organs--just about everything except fat. I'm not convinced the photo shows a taihe chicken; descriptions of it are more in line with silkies than normal appearing chickens. I'd try looking on feathersite, and then maybe googling. FWIW, most Asian groceries sell black boned chicken (silkie) in their meat department.

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/wuchi.htm seems to have a fair amount of information from a Chinese medicine viewpoint. Silkies, and other fibromelanotic chickens do have amino acid differences than non-fibromelanotic chickens. I was reading (or trying to) a highly detailed scientific journal article about the affects of Fm about a week ago.

After a few minutes with Google, it seems this chicken is equivalent to what is referred to as "silkies" on BYC. I do not know if this is entirely true. Perhaps get your hands on a mature, black silkie and see if the skin between the feathers is black.
This chicken breed is not a silkie. I have read about these birds...I think they are referred to as the Ferrari of chickens because their entire body is a deep black. This makes them extremely expensive...

I kid you not - I think there is a breeder in Florida trying to sell this all black bird for $2,500 a pair. Watch the link posted below and let me know if this is your bird.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/rare-2-500-chicken-lamborghini-162815600.html

This chicken breed is not a silkie. I have read about these birds...I think they are referred to as the Ferrari of chickens because their entire body is a deep black. This makes them extremely expensive...

I kid you not - I think there is a breeder in Florida trying to sell this all black bird for $2,500 a pair. Watch the link posted below and let me know if this is your bird.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/rare-2-500-chicken-lamborghini-162815600.html

They're $5,000 a pair.

They're $5,000 a pair.
I hadn't watched the video in some time...a friend e-mailed it to me because they know I keep chickens...it is kind of a running joke - crazy chicken man has become the equivalent of crazy cat lady haha. $2,500/5,000 - tons of money either way lol. Regardless, I believe this is the bird he was asking about, and he wanted a breeder in the United States, and if the breed is the same then this is it.

Quote: It is not. The taihe chicken has white silkied plumage (a stark contrast to the black skin, meat and bones), and originates in the mountains of China. It has existed there for several thousand years.

As for the cemani, serious breeders are willing to pay serious prices for bringing new breeds to the US. It is extremely expensive to import birds, therefore the cost of eggs, juveniles and breeding pairs are quite expensive for the first several years. When serama were originally imported they, too sold for huge sums. It has been long enough now that their prices are in the range that almost all breeders would consider reasonable.

So what exactly is the breed name of "mountain black bone chicken"?!

Are they really just alling ayam cemani mountain black chicken?

Back
Top Bottom