Chirp Chirp Chirp *sigh*

Mizzy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Ooltewah
Well, I went out and got another batch of babies after finding a good home for all my roosters (which I miss - but they are probably on a farm flirting with the ladies
roll.png
)

So, I'm starting all over from scratch ( ok I lied, I didn't find a home for ALL my roo's, I couldn't part with 2)!! btw will two roosters be ok without any hens or their buddies for now? I don't want them flying off looking for love! lol. So far they seem happy.

Anyway, I got my babies - some turkens, some silkies, oh and I just HAD to buy some white crest polish ones even though I hadn't planned on it....argh I'm addicted to chicks! All of them just scream pick me pick me
jumpy.gif
and how could i resist a teeny tiny smallest of all the birds standing there looking so cute. Even my guy (who tells me no more pets - and by pets he means chickens too) was
droolin.gif
over him lol

Well, the little guy happens to be the loudest out of the bunch! I had no sleep at all last night! They are warm, they have clean water, food, clean area, no yucky butt, they are all eating, drinking, running around fighting over who gets what spot and omg look something to peck at so lets all start pecking...just normals chick fun.
Well, this chirp chirp chirping has been going on since I brought them home 2 days ago. I don't even think he sleeps. I don't recall my first batch of chicks doing this chirp so loud and so often. What else could it be? Am I missing something? They all seem nice and healthy happy birds. I guess he is just letting everyone know "hey I may be small, but don't under estimate me!" Ugh, I really hope he sleeps tonight lol. I tried setting the cage outside so they can get some air and I can get some peace from it, but my Roo came up and sat on the cage looking in like hmmmm, I wanna eat you...so my guy ran outside yelling at him (it was funny to see btw) and the Rooster growled at him (even funnier)

Here is the little guy on the left with another buddy - He is about half the size of all the others
love.gif

and another baby

I'm new to this but I have five babies. The last one to hatch was quiet and weak in the incubator, so I left him in there a while to recover. As soon as I moved him to the brooder he would. not. stop. peeping! All the other chicks were trying to sit on him and there he was just peeping away so loud it was driving us all crazy. After several hours of this, I moved him to a separate box with shavings and a heat lamp directly over the box and he fell quiet again. This chick needs a lot of heat. Now he's back in the main brooder, with the lamp closer to the box for warmth. He is always the one under the spotlight in the hottest area of the brooder, sprawled out, fast asleep, quiet and happy
smile.png

awww, they're so cute!
love.gif
and im no expert either, but what asherjasper said would make sense i guess, i cant think of anything else besides that other than he just feels like peeping, so i say you try it and see what happens, you never know... lol they're adorable, congrats and good luck!
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Congrats on your cute chicks. When my polish were small they were very loud too. They are 4 months old now and are still much more hyper than my silkies.

I figured it out. It was something really simple and silly. I had put a water dish in their that was white on the inside. Well, I switched it out for the water dish from TSC (the red ones) and he went running over there drinking. I guess him and a couple others didn't think water was in the white dish since it was so clear.
roll.png
They drank and went right to sleep after and I got a good nights sleep too lol...

Oh and I also re positioned their lamp too. So that probably helped a lot too. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom